Biyang Insulation Protection Shield is a kind of pipe support accessory, made of carbon steel(pre-galvanized) or stainless steel based on different usages and environments. It is designed and produced to secure the ventilation duct and protect the insulation layer from being destroyed by the fixing system or environmental force.
With the pre-galvanizing steel or stainless steel, Biyang Insulation Protection Shield can always be rust resistant even in a very bad environment. With the extremely smooth surface, surface cleaning work is also very easy. Biyang Insulation Protection Shield is in a semicircle shape, and available in all common sizes, from 1.9”(48.26mm) to 28”(711.2mm).
The thickness can also vary based on the overall sizes of the shield, from 18 Gauge(1.2mm) to 12 Gauge(2.6mm). It securely provides the support for the pipe and avoids the vapor getting into the fiberglass or rubber insulation layer. This makes your insulation a longer life expectancy, better heat insulation, and long-term energy saving.
When you are selecting a suitable supporting system, you need to consider the pipe diameter, the insulation thickness, and also the tightness required for the whole securing system. It should not be too big or too small. Anyway, Biyang can offer you one stop solution for your all Insulation Protection Shields and HVAC ductwork accessories.
Biyang Insulation Protection Shield can adapt to most existing hanger systems in your local market, such as the thermal hanger. As a result, it is very easy for you to get the replacement if there are accessories missing or destroyed. Biyang Insulation Protection Shield complies with manufacturing standard of ISO9001 and is exported to many countries, such as Japan, USA, Spain and so on.
Biyang can always custom your ideal Insulation Protection Shield based on your own project, whether more rust-resistant steel, such as 316L, different lengths or irregular sizes. We’ve had thousands of projects experiences, which enables us to design and provide the best solution for you. For HVAC connection installation, we can always provide simple guidance or team support if you require.
|Product||Insulation Protection Shield|
|Material||Galvanized steel, stainless steel|
Insulation Protection Shield: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
1. What is Insulation Protection Shield?
Insulation protection shield is a pipe support accessory that you can install under a pipe insulation at every clevis hanger.
Insulation protection shield
2. What is the Function of Insulation Protection Shield?
You will use an insulation protection shield for the following purposes:
- To evenly distribute the weight of ventilation duct at every clevis hanger.
- To protect the insulation from damage that may come from environmental forces and fixing systems.
3. What is the Suitable Material for Insulation Protection Shield?
The most suitable materials that you can use to make the insulation protection shield include:
- Carbon steel with an Electro-Galvanized finish coating
- Stainless steel
4. Is there Recommended Design for Insulation Protection Shield?
No, there is no recommended design for insulation protection shield.
You will come up with your design according to the application specifications.
Despite the freedom of coming up with your own design, most insulation protection shield designs assume a semi-circular shape.
5. What is the Average Thickness of Insulation Protection Shield?
The average thickness of the insulation protection shield varies according to the size of the shield.
The most common thickness you are likely to come across ranges from 18 gauge (1.2mm) to 12 gauge (2.6mm).
Insulation protection shield
6. What Should You Consider when Choosing Insulation Protection Shield?
Whenever you are choosing an insulation protection shield, you should look at the following:
- The diameter of the pipe
- The thickness of the insulation
- The tightness of the entire securing system
- Size of the insulation protection shield which should not be too big or too small
7. Does Biyang Produce Custom Insulation Protection Shield?
Yes, Biyang produces custom insulation protection shields.
You need to come up with a special design that will suit your needs.
Biyang will have a look at the functionality of your design and then recommend it for production.
8. What are the Features of Insulation Protection Shield?
You have to make sure that your insulation shield has the following features:
- Pre-galvanizing steel or stainless steel materials
- Rust or corrosion resistance thus increasing the service life even in harsh environments
- Extremely smooth surface thus enabling an easy and smooth surface cleaning work
- Proper surface finish most preferably galvanized surface finish
9. Insulation Protection Shield comes in how Many Surface Finishes?
You will find different types of insulation protection shield with different surface finishes such as:
- Galvanized surface finish
- Electro-zinc plating
- Painted surface finish most commonly black
10. Are there Quality Standards for Insulation Protection Shield?
Yes, there are quality standards that you have to adhere to when making insulation protection shields.
These include ISO, ASTM, CE and UL requirements.
11. How do you Specify Insulation Protection Shield?
You will specify insulation protection shield for ventilation duct based on the following:
- Type of material which can either be stainless steel or galvanized steel.
- Size of the insulation protection shield
- Thickness of the insulation protection shield
- Type of surface finish of the insulation protection shield
12. What are the Benefits of Insulation Protection Shield?
You will experience the following benefits of using the insulation protection shield.
- It is corrosion resistant even in the worse of environments thus increasing the life span.
- Surface cleaning of the insulation protection shield is easy as the surface is extremely smooth.
- Installation process of the insulation protection shield is easy and you can do it yourself.
- You can easily find different types of insulation protection shields that will fit your production requirements.
- It supports the pipe securely and prevents vapor from going through the fiber glass and rubber insulation layer.
- It increases the life span of the insulation, energy saving mode of the insulation as well as heat insulation properties.