Insulated Flexible Duct
- Low noise during air transferring
- Fire resistant, AS/NZS1530.3 Australia fire rating testing approved
- Different options for selections
As one of the best Insulated Flexible Duct suppliers, Biyang has been providing different kinds of excellent Insulated Flexible Ducts for more than 10 years. They are exported to dozens of countries all over the world, such as USA, Canada, Japan, Germany, Spain, Australia and so on.
Biyang Insulated Flexible Duct, also named Insulated Flex Duct, is a kind of pre-insulated duct. Biyang’s standard Insulated Flexible Duct is Insulated Aluminum Flex Duct, with aluminum silver sleeve outside, the insulation layer in the middle and Aluminum Flexible Duct inside. This is the most common insulated duct in the HVAC ductwork.
Besides the standard one, Biyang provides different sleeves based on various working conditions, such as PVC sleeve, combined PVC, PE sleeve, VMPET sleeve(for better reflection and insulation), and so on. There are also options for the inner duct, such as transparent PET, and Semi Rigid Aluminum Duct.
For Insulated Flexible Duct, the insulation is a critical part for the function of a whole product. As a rich experience Insulated Flexible Duct manufacturer, Biyang provides several insulations for your selections, including common yellow glass fiber, red Owens Corning insulation with better elastic and density features, and white non has woven fabric insulation which is more environmentally friendly and with better noise and vibration absorbing effect. All kinds of insulation standards are available here also.
Biyang provides options for common R6, R4.2 insulation standards, and many custom standards. For example, R4.2 has about 30% less insulation but more competitive prices. Anti-bacterial is also an additional feature for selecting. Insulated Flexible Duct with anti-bacterial features helps maintain the health and green air of your ventilation system.
Inside the insulation, it is the flexible inner core with corrosion resistant galvanized or stainless steel wires. The overall structure makes the Biyang Insulated Flexible Duct, non-combustible, fire resistant and good thermal performances.
Biyang Insulated Flexible Duct is made based on fire resistant and self-extinguishing standard, with AS/NZS1530.3 Australia fire rating testing approved. You are more than welcomed to share your problems and questions. Biyang will help you out.
With a large amount of insulated ducting supplies every year, Biyang Insulated Flexible Duct is distinguished from others for the quality consistency, short lead time and competitive prices. Our most popular items are 4-inch Insulated Flexible Duct, 8-inch Insulated Flexible Duct, and 12 inches Insulated Flexible Duct.
Please contact us now for quoting.
- Data Sheet
|Product||Insulated Flexible Duct|
|Compress Ration||1: 10|
Insulated Flexible Duct: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
1. What is an Insulated Flexible Duct?
Insulated flexible duct is an integral part of air conditioning systems for connecting cooling and heating air distribution systems.
It consists of registers and grills that you can mount in places such as commercial building roofs, ceilings, or walls.
Insulated flexible duct
2. What is the Use of Insulated Flexible Duct?
You can use the insulated flexible duct to attach supply air outlets to ductwork that is more rigid such as sheet metal ducts.
Implying that you will use it for supplying of air, returning air and transporting of exhaust air.
It has an insulation that will protect you from the adverse effects of the air passing through by preventing leakages.
It maintains very good quality of air, increases comfort, and reduces costly inefficiencies.
3. Where Can you Use Insulated Flexible Duct?
There are a number of industries where you can use the insulated flexible duct.
You will use them where heaters, air conditioners, and ventilation applications exist among them being:
- Commercial buildings especially in extreme climates
- Factories to provide proper air distribution through proper ventilation
- Food industry especially the kitchen to help regulate the air conditions amidst the kitchen heat.
- Agricultural industry for maintaining agricultural produce and farm inputs in stores at proper conditions.
- HVAC industry for supply of air
4. What is the Best Material for Insulated Flexible Duct?
The best material for making standard insulated flexible duct is aluminum.
You are most likely to come across aluminum insulated flexible ducts with aluminum silver sleeves.
It has insulation layer between the layers but you will definitely find an aluminum flexible duct on the inside.
Apart from aluminum, you will find other types insulated flexible ducts with different materials such as:
- PVC sleeves
- Combined PVC
- PE sleeves
- VMPET sleeves which offer better insulation and reflection
The inner duct has options such as semi rigid aluminum duct and transparent PET.
5. How do R6 and R8 Insulated Flexible Duct Compare? Which is better?
Every insulated flexible duct has an R rating that indicates its insulating capacity.
R8 provides more insulation to the flexible duct in comparison to the R6.
The higher the R value rating the better the insulation capability and the higher the cost.
Implying that R8 is more expensive in comparison to R6 thus the better option among the two.
6. Is there Maximum Length for Insulated Flexible Duct?
Yes, there is a maximum length that you can get for insulated flexible ducts but this will depend on the manufacturer.
The most common standard length for insulated flexible ducts is 10 meters.
7. How Does Insulated and Non-Insulated Flexible Duct Compare?
Insulated flexible duct
Insulated flexible ducts are capable of preventing any leakages from the material thus keeping the heat within the flexible duct.
Non-insulated flexible ducts do not prevent the leakage of heat into the environment thus affecting the surrounding environment.
It is proper to have an insulation because it prevents energy wastage, temperature drops.
Leakages and buildup of condensation.
8. How are Insulated Flexible Ducts Classified?
You can classify insulated flexible ducts by looking at the functionality of the insulated flexible duct.
The classification is in two categories which include air connectors or air ducts.
9. What Should You Consider when Buying Insulated Flexible Duct?
Whenever you are purchasing an insulated flexible duct, you should consider the following:
- Insulation rating of the insulated flexible duct by looking at the R rating
- Anti-bacterial nature of the insulated flexible duct to help in maintenance of proper health standards
- Corrosion resistance of the material of the flexible inner core which can either be stainless steel or galvanized.
- Resistance to fire
- Thermal performance
- Flexibility of the duct.
- Type of material of the insulated flexible duct.
10. How Long will Insulated Flexible Duct Last?
You can use an insulated flexible duct for a period of between 20 to 25 years.
You will experience deterioration of the insulated flexible duct after using it for more than 15 years.
11. Can Insulated Flexible Duct Withstand Long Exposure to Sunlight or UV Light?
Yes, insulated flexible ducts have special features that can withstand long exposure to UV and sunlight.
12. Are Insulated Flexible Duct UL Rated?
Yes, insulated flexible ducts are UL rated among other key ratings to ensure very high quality.
13. What is “certified R-Value” Insulated Flexible Duct?
Yes, there are certified R values for insulated flexible ducts.
In the past, different manufacturers had their own R values which could cause a confusion.
To avoid the confusion, a common ground for certified R values was introduced and every manufacturer has to adhere to.
14. Are there Recommended R-Values for Insulated Flexible Duct?
The certified R-value for insulated flexible ducts is R 6 which offers proper insulation up to 200 degrees.
You can, however, opt for a higher R rating that has better insulation properties but that will cost you more.
15. Should you Use UL-listed Mastics, Duct Tape, and Clamps with Insulated Flexible Duct?
Yes, you should use UL-listed mastics, duct tapes, and clamps with insulated flexible ducts.
This will ensure that you are using products of high quality that will not cause unnecessary problems.
16. What is ADC’s Requirements for Insulated Flexible Duct?
Yes, there are ADC’s requirements for insulated flexible ducts.
ADC sets forth the standards for specific classification, marking, testing, and installation methods of insulated flexible ducts.
17. How do you Support Insulated Flexible Duct?
You can support insulated flexible ducts by using different accessories such as:
- Saddles or straps depending on the manufacturers specifications
- Remember to space it properly in an attempt to ensure minimal sagging of the insulated flexible duct.
- You should place supports at every connection point between the rigid metal duct and the flex duct.
- You will support the vertically installed ducts at a minimum of every 6 feet.
18. How do you Size Insulated Flexible Duct?
You will size insulated flexible ducts by looking at the following key properties:
|Dimensions||Insulated Flexible Duct|
|Size||2 to 25 inches|
|Standard Length||10 meters|
|Compression Rate||1: 10|
19. Are there Plenum Rated Insulated Flexible Duct?
Yes, there are plenum rated insulated flexible ducts.
Plenum ratings ensure that the insulated flexible ducts have low flame and low smoke characteristics.
20. What is Pre-Insulated Duct?
Pre-insulated ducts are ducts that come complete with its insulation in place.
It enables single operation construction of HVAC ducts thus eliminating the need for metal duct work.
21. How much Does Biyang Insulated Flexible Duct Cost?
The cost of Biyang insulated flexible ducts will vary according to the type of insulated duct that you desire.
It will vary in terms of diameter, R rating, length and flame redundancy among other key specifications.
22. What Types of Insulated Flexible Ducts do Biyang Offer?
Biyang offers different types of insulated flexible ducts depending on the following technical specifications:
- Dimensions in terms of length in meters and size of the diameter in inches
- Material which can either be aluminum or any product of your choice
- Insulation material which can be fiber glass, white rich woven fabric, and red Owens corning among others.
- Types of sleeves such as aluminum sliver sleeves
23. Biyang Insulated Flexible Ducts come in How Many Sizes?
Biyang insulated flexible ducts come in different sizes depending on your requirements.
You can, however, order insulated flexible ducts up to a maximum of 25 inches.
24. Are Biyang Insulated Flexible Duct Tested for Mold Growth and Humidity?
Yes, Biyang insulated flexible ducts have to undergo mold growth and humidity testing.
This will ensure that the products are safe for you to use over a long period.
25. What are the popular sizes of insulated flexible duct?
The most common sizes that you will notice many people asking for are:
- 4 inch insulated flexible ducts
- 8 inch insulated flexible ducts
- 12 inch insulated flexible ducts.
26. What are the common insulation materials for the insulated flexible duct?
You can decide to use different types of insulation materials among them being:
- Yellow glass fiber
- Red Owens Corning insulation with proper density and elastic features
- White rich with woven fabric insulations which is more friendly to the environment.